Edward Day Gallery Floor Plan
Wedding Registry Information
Download Space Rental Guidelines & Application Form
(WORD doc- 60kb )
The Edward Day Gallery is a commercial contemporary art gallery. The 3500 sq. ft. of public gallery space is available for rental for private or corporate functions such as weddings. luncheons, receptions, concerts, lectures, presentations and conferences.
As a bonus, Edward Day Gallery will offer Rental Clients a 5% discount on purchases from the gallery for the period of a year after the event.
|Type of Event
||Max. Number of Guests
||Up to 200 (standing)
|Seated Lunch or Dinner
(beverages and/or passed food with up to 8 highboy tables)
|Seated Concerts or Lectures
The gallery is available for rental after 5:30 p.m. Mon. through Saturday, and all day Sunday and Monday. All art exhibitions will be left intact for the event unless otherwise arranged in advance. The date requested for rental is considered confirmed upon receipt of a deposit.
|Monday - Wednesday
|Friday - Saturday
||$ 300.00/hr (3 hr. minimum)
||$ 500.00/hr (3 hr. minimum)
50% deposit is due upon acceptance and signing of the contract; final payment is due the day of the event. All major credit cards are accepted. GST is applicable.
In addition to the gallery space, the 1600 sq courtyard is available upon request.
Rental Fees: Sunday - Thursday $ 300.00
Friday - Saturday $ 500.00
(Only available in conjunction with gallery rental)
Folding chairs (black padded) are available for rental at $1.00 per chair. Set up and take down is the responsibility of the caterer/organizer.
One staff member is included in rental rates, up to a maximum of 100 guests. For additional guests an additional staff member is required at a rate of $45.00 per hour for the duration of the event.
The renter must select a professional caterer and or event planner. We would be pleased to provide a list of recommended caterers or event planners but makes no representation or warrantees about the services that they may provide the renter. Every caterer must agree to abide by the guidelines contained in this document.
- The renter/event planner is responsible for assuring that the caterer has the appropriate food and liquor license as required by the city of Toronto, including provisions of a certificate of insurance.
- The renter and/or caterer must provide any additional furniture, dishes and equipment for food preparation.
- The renter and/or caterer will be responsible for ensuring the caterers clean thoroughly after the event; this includes removing all trash and recycling from the premises. Failure of the caterer to leave the Gallery and kitchen in a clean condition will result in a $250 cleaning fee charged to the renter.
- The renter is fully responsible for any damage to the Gallery’s premises, contents, or persons caused by the renter, caterer, agents, and/or guests. The renter must agree to pay the Gallery for any damage, loss or injury to the Gallery.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Decorations should not be fire hazardous.
- Gallery exhibits will remain open for viewing during set-up.
- The Gallery is not responsible for set-up.
- The Gallery is not responsible for removal, loss or damage of rented party supplies/furniture.
- Set-up and removal must be supervised by the renter, caterer, organizer or the Gallery staff (where agreed in advance) and should be executed within in a reasonable and agreed time frame.
- The facilities should remain clean, presentable and safe during the set-up, the course of the event and breaking down.
- Requests for an extension of event times are available.
- All deliveries must be done during Gallery hours, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Sat after 4 p.m.), unless otherwise agreed.
- Set up and clean-up times will vary depending on circumstances, and is billed at the same rate as space rental for the time and day; clean-up involves floors, walls and furniture; clean-up time involved also includes take-down and re-instalment of artwork (if required)
- Minor repairs of walls: Renter is responsible for the costs of material and labour charges to repair walls. Assessed on a case-by-case basis.